Monday 21 January 2013

Smiles 21:365

I had a quite unusual name until I got married - Efford. There are times when I quite miss being wrongly addressed as Effort, or Efforf! Today's smile came from University Challenge on which there were two unusually named contestants. The announcer had great fun with the one on the left when he had to say it fast and whilst it looks complicated, the one on the right is simply pronounced (Tis-chuk)

Earlier, I smiled at these chocolate covered marshmallow mounds. (The name means Super Fatmen)

Things I heard today that made me smile
Sign on a Peugeot 306 - Ich bin auch ein Ferrari
Jude mishearing Jeremy Clarkson on TopGear and thinking that Ms de Bondt was the Star in the reasonably priced car rather than Matt Le Blanc. (Ms de Bondt was Isaac's Maths teacher until Christmas!)
The word in German for flossing is Zahnzwischenraumreinigung. 
'Great British Bake Off is on tonight'

Smile in other languages
In Filipino - Ngiti







No comments:

Post a Comment