Wednesday 16 January 2013

Smiles 16:365

There's a part of Stadthausstrasse that always raises a smile as its where people park their 'unusual vehicles'. I'm now well used to recumbent bikes but I've never seen so many 'mini cars' for want of a better term. Some are nearer to motorbikes or quad bikes than cars, but others are certainly pretenders to car-dom. And today's is no exception. Nice colour!

Things I heard today that made me smile.
The excitement with which M (to whom I teach English) described the 'island fish tank' that he got for Christmas for his fish. And then I smiled more when I was shown said item which resembled a cross between an underwater hamster cage and Tracey Island!
His sister M who obviously had 4 weeks of pent up English inside her that she felt she had to unleash in a torrent. I don't think she paused to breathe for at least ten minutes!
A parent asking if I was taking over from a teacher who's leaving - 'I'd like you to teach my child.'
Countless jokes about horses and Tescos.

Smile in other languages.
In French Guiana Creole - Ari


No comments:

Post a Comment