I think today qualifies as a Lisa's Miles post as I've travelled lots of them.
Friday, 30 October 2015
Thursday, 29 October 2015
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
Tuesday, 27 October 2015
You can run but you'll still get wet feet. And trousers!
Fun and games on Blackpool Sands.
Beating the sea into submission with seaweed was a new one on me but apparently it's modelled on Caligula.
Lots of pebble and stones to investigate though - Geology lesson fodder!
And delicious dinner which was so delicious that I ate it without taking pictures!
Sunday, 25 October 2015
A list today as there were so many things! Dartmouth Food Festival.
Early morning run.
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.
A coastal walk. That went a bit awry...
Finding the road on said walk.
Dinner at Saltrock.
Mussels (ate them all before I cold take a photograph - oops!)
A hot bath tonight after the tepid effort yesterday!
Saturday, 24 October 2015
Friday, 23 October 2015
I threatened to dye my hair black but it didn't happen! And it's not a green Bob either.
Nice run this morning followed by hair then trying to get jobs done before going away. And then straight to Mexico. Bit stressful but it'll be great once I get there!
Thursday, 22 October 2015
Six years ago I flew to Montreal. For the weekend! Madness but such fun.
And I remember the naughty cactus ;)
A little bit hectic at school today but lots of amusing moments along the way. And an end of half term glass of wine made me smile before I fell asleep on the sofa ;)
Wednesday, 21 October 2015
Several children wished me a good journey to Mexico and actually remembered assembly on Monday.
A y6 boy followed me around the playground on break duty making bunny ears behind my head. Odd but amusing!
Parents' evening waitress service was fun.
A y6 girl who rarely does any work wrote a whole paragraph today albeit very simple and formulaic.
I finally wrote blogposts about Toulouse including the suggestion that all schools need a crime scene in the entrance area!
Tuesday, 20 October 2015
Monday, 19 October 2015
Sunday, 18 October 2015
My lunchtime fig bread was shaped like a whale.
The Google doodle on my phone celebrates Swiss voting day. (My phone still thinks I live there!)
And a pleasant 11km this afternoon in the park. No stopping, no panicking and losing my mind and enough energy left for a bit of a sprint down Coles Lane. Happy.
Saturday, 17 October 2015
Friday, 16 October 2015
I've had great fun in Toulouse. Lots and lots of smiles! Love the statues at the airport. And the piano that was being played by small children (quite well) and then their mum took over and played (brilliantly). I clapped when she finished. No one else did! :(
Thursday, 15 October 2015
Wednesday, 14 October 2015
Tuesday, 13 October 2015
It's my birthday! Thank you for all the wishes on Facebook (and a few on Twitter)
Lovely to open presents with my boys this morning - and then plot what I'll buy with birthday money I've been sent!
And lots of smiles at the cross country competition - and a few tears too. Still, made the girls smile to see me running with my very stiff legs!
Monday, 12 October 2015
Sunday, 11 October 2015
I ran the Oxford Half Marathon today.
It wasn't my day but let's not dwell too long on that and think of the smiles.
1. I made it to the start line (an achievement in itself given my propensity to hurting myself over the last 2 years!)
2. I did it.
3. I finished.
4. I raised £400+ for The Haemophilia Society. (Currently £480 with gift aid)
5. My family are proud of me even if I don't feel very proud of myself.
6. I smiled as I crossed the line. And then vomited violently and am pretty certain I hit someone's foot; funny in hindsight but not for them I guess!
7. I smiled at two people dressed as secret agents (trench coat and false moustache) and was handed a brown envelope that entitled me to a free bit of Brooks kit (lovely long sleeved top) as part of their RunHappy campaign. Just proves smiling pays!
8. I made everyone on the Park and Ride bus back to Peartree laugh at the noise I made when I stood up on arrival at the car park. I'd describe it as a groan that came from deep within!
9. I can't completely get rid of the RunMummyRun I wrote on my arms in eyeliner so had better find a top with sleeves for school tomorrow...
10. My boys have looked after me today and RMR ladies have made me see that I need to be kind to myself.
Saturday, 10 October 2015
Friday, 9 October 2015
Somewhere on the border of Staffordshire and Shropshire on a farm - the aroma of cows is floating across the patio and the sound of reggae is enacting from the house. It's party time!
And I'm loving my new look!
Thursday, 8 October 2015
Four years ago was the day of my "(Swiss) Life begins at 40" party. A lovely evening!Good day at school especially as the sun shone. It was also good to walk up the path again and see trees spring up in the middle of the newly lain grass!
A Bratwurst disaster was averted with bacon and I enjoyed a deliciously crispy skinned jacket potato for dinner.
Wednesday, 7 October 2015
Monday, 5 October 2015
Sunday, 4 October 2015
I keep seeing this smile on the toilet wall at church and never have my phone to take a picture but today I had my handbag with me. Reminds me of an adipose from Dr Who.
Another lovely day. No run as I'm tapering but I did go out on my bike for a ride along the brook and through the park.