It wasn't my day but let's not dwell too long on that and think of the smiles.
1. I made it to the start line (an achievement in itself given my propensity to hurting myself over the last 2 years!)
2. I did it.
3. I finished.
4. I raised £400+ for The Haemophilia Society. (Currently £480 with gift aid)
5. My family are proud of me even if I don't feel very proud of myself.
6. I smiled as I crossed the line. And then vomited violently and am pretty certain I hit someone's foot; funny in hindsight but not for them I guess!
7. I smiled at two people dressed as secret agents (trench coat and false moustache) and was handed a brown envelope that entitled me to a free bit of Brooks kit (lovely long sleeved top) as part of their RunHappy campaign. Just proves smiling pays!
8. I made everyone on the Park and Ride bus back to Peartree laugh at the noise I made when I stood up on arrival at the car park. I'd describe it as a groan that came from deep within!
9. I can't completely get rid of the RunMummyRun I wrote on my arms in eyeliner so had better find a top with sleeves for school tomorrow...
10. My boys have looked after me today and RMR ladies have made me see that I need to be kind to myself.