Sunday 18 August 2013

Smiles 230:365

My friend Claire shared this on FB with the following comment - 
"Am sure this was written for our Belarussian girl Sasha" 
Whilst I have never met her, I followed Sasha's visit (along with other children from Chernobyl) to Northallerton this summer and in every picture she had a bright smile whatever the time or occasion. And I know from following the blog that she has little about which to smile on a day to day basis. 

Makes me all the more grateful for what I have and all the more determined to smile in the face of what, when all is said and done, are mostly annoying, temporary inconveniences in my life. 

Although I may need to remind myself of this at 3am if I'm woken yet again by a teeth-grindingly-painful ache in my foot and leg...


No comments:

Post a Comment