Wednesday 7 August 2013

Smiles 217/218/219:365

I've scavenged a bit of wifi so an update!

An amalgamation of posts as still no 'phone/internet chez Stevens. However, we have a promise that we will have it on Monday, or possibly before... (slightly sceptical still though!) 

I had a very shallow bath/shower on Tuesday having found the shampoo finally and with a bit of help from a large plastic bag and some duct tape!

After no end of shennanigans with locked phones and incompatible SIMs, I now have UK mobile access thanks to Simon and GiffGaff. Hurrah!

I went back to the hospital today and now have an airboot rather than a plaster. Still have a broken foot, still can't walk properly (although I can now start to put weight on my dodgy foot) and certainly can't drive or get around easily BUT I can take the airboot off to shower (so no more plastic bags!) and sleep which is wonderful as I was wishing all last night that I could do just that when my leg was aching and needed a rub!

Other things making me smile:
Crabbies AGB.
My sister and nephews visited today (Wednesday)
I wasn't even an hour at the hospital when I'd been warned to allow two
John came home commenting "so the New Street train arrives  five minutes late but is still on time according to Network Rail?"
Youngest nephew grabbed a special cuddly toy but the owner didn't freak as they would if anyone else had grabbed it because R is very special :)
Eldest nephew loved his cello magnet
The fish we had for dinner was delicious.



Another update when I get more wifi. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for those smiles amongst the frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment