Monday 25 March 2013

Smiles 84:365

¡Ñam ñam! After a Sunday morning Twitter conversation, I was inspired to make torrijas today. And they turned out really well. Very popular with the men in my life.
Eating them reminded me of Familia Fuente Martín in Segovia with whom I spent two wonderful study breaks/holidays in the late 80s. Chili made them and they were absolutely delicious. Then I started thinking of all the other delicious things she made like empanadillas, garbanzos, espinacas en bechamel, and of course the infamous pulpo en su tinta! What a wonderful family - so generous with their time, always wanting to show me their town and surroundings, and introduce me to everyone they knew. I learned so much and Segovia will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Smile in other languages

In North Kalaallihut - Qungujukpuq











No comments:

Post a Comment