Thursday 3 October 2013

Smiles 276:365

One of the joys of my job is the ability of children to surprise you. Constantly. Sometimes it's not for good reasons but usually it makes me smile. And this afternoon, after y5 and I arrived back from a day at another school, I was left flabbergasted and beaming by the appearance on the computer table of a gift (above). I had no idea who'd put it there, but when I turned and saw it, I nearly burst into tears. What a kind thing to do!
I said "thank you to the person who's left me a present" as the class went home, and someone told me who it was. I taught this class Spanish when they were 4/5 yo and in Reception - and they've not forgotten now that they're 9/10 yo as they showed today when they asked to play 'the toenail game'. The (school) record is 24 - and it is held by my gift giver who recorded this exceptional score whilst in that Reception class. He's a great kid - and, whilst my eyes are drooping and my body aching, I'm still smiling now at his kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment