Friday 20 February 2015

LisaSmiles 51:365

My baking skills made me smile today.
After prompting from Jude, I finally attempted 'Mr Stritt's Lebkuchen' two years after he ate it at ISW "Books and Brownies" club. I followed the recipe but it didn't turn out as it should have done. Not overly gingery and not sticky. However, Jude declared that it was 'good cake' anyway.

Then I made torrijas with leftover brioche rolls. Yummy! Not many left now as the boys like them hot. I, on the other hand, like them cold so I'm looking forward to morning coffee after my ParkRun!


Went for a cycle ride as the sun went down. A man apologised that his dog was in my way (it wasn't misbehaving just walking along minding its own business) and was honestly shocked when I told him not to apologise as I didn't own the path! Makes me wonder what normally happens when a cyclist passes them...

It's been good this week spending time with Isaac and Jude, watching random things on iPlayer and discussing all manner of things. Those boys really do make me laugh, sometimes to the point of tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment