Sunday 4 August 2013

Smiles 215/216 :365

The post for today (and yesterday!) come to you courtesy of someone else's wifi.

Yesterday was a day on which I started smiling and then had to laugh else I'd cry! And today has continued on the same theme thanks to a broken foot.

Following in the footsteps of my Mum who broke her foot (with help from Mano the dog) the week before we moved from Berkhamstead to Sutton Coldfield in 1981, I have joined the list of numpties that hurt themselves at stupid inconvenient times and broken a bone in my foot. Or, as I have started saying, 'done a Beckham' and broken a metatarsal.

This has thrown all plans awry and made me rather cross with life.

However, I WILL smile for the following reasons:

  • I made it to the library with the boys after the incident and everyone was pleased to see us after 2 years.
  • Whilst I may have been seen more quickly in Spital Winterthur and may well have come away with some painkillers, I didn't have to wait too long at Good Hope, there were no drunks and I was straight into Xray and out again.
  • The girl that plastered me said 'bet you're glad you waxed your legs!'
  • I went to SCBC this morning and it was good to be back
  • I have the best family ever - my boys are being so helpful and John is an angel who needs to sit down and have a rest but won't until the house is sorted as he knows it's stressing me. 
  • My Mum said 'well, it makes your sun tan look good at least!'
  • How could you not smile when your son lies curled up on the floor behind a box and uncurls himself like a hydraulic lift to move a box across the floor to you, or carries your girly cardigan for you as you can't use your crutches and carry it?

No comments:

Post a Comment