Wednesday 25 September 2013

Smiles 267 and 268:365

A tale of two cupcakes!

A pupil said to me as she lined up on Tuesday "I've got a cupcake for you in my locker." I asked if she'd made one for the class and had one left for me, and she said "no, I made one for you and one for Mrs R-D."  I nearly burst into tears in front of the class, I was so touched! When you don't have your own class, work part-time and are nomadic, little things like that mean the world! Bless you L xx

And today, after International Day at WPS dressed in my Dirndl and fighting hard all day to contain the excitement in my classroom (and outside it when Y6 went on my Swiss QR trail)  to a reasonable level of noise, and then another staff meeting after yesterday's, and then driving home through Birmingham in rush hour traffic, I was called upon to make cupcakes for a bake sale tomorrow. I love Jude's generosity and willingness to throw himself into all sorts of activities, and am proud of him volunteering to help raise money for a sick child, but I really was not in the mood for baking. I did though - having gone to Tesco Express in my PJs - and I have to admit that they tasted rather good. So much better with self-raising flour (take the hint, Switzerland!)

Other smiles over the last two days -
dance staff meeting at WCPS - we were awesome!
GBBO - Howard was annoying us with his voice.
some of the beautiful outfits today, especially the girl with the chopsticks in her hair, and the Greek goddess Athena.
a hot bath!

NB - the above picture does NOT depict my cupcakes but it made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment