Friday 12 July 2013

Smiles 193:365


My last lesson with M and M today :0( but we had a laugh as usual, especially when little M beat her brother - and me! - in the quiz. They bought me a beret and a lovely bunch of sunflowers which travelled home hanging out of my panniers - very Dutch I was told!


A lovely dinner with the Pickups also made me smile. I failed to take any pictures though - too busy talking and drinking Prosecco (what's new?)

Brian Cant is 80 today. His son tweeted last night and ever since I've been smiling at memories of Playaway, Playschool, Trumpton, Chigley and Camberwick Green. Such a distinctive and soothing voice that was one of the sounds of my childhood, bringing me one of the most important pieces of advice;

It really doesn't matter if it's raining or it's fine
Just as long as you've got time.
Come on, P, L A, Y! Playaway


I very much hope that Mickey Murphy has made him a cake and Lord Belborough has sent him a telegram to mark the event, inviting him for a ride on Bessie.



No comments:

Post a Comment