Thursday 5 December 2013

Smiles 339:365

I'm writing this through tears as I am so sad at the death of a great man, a hero who lived out his words and changed his beloved country, and the world. 
Yet I am smiling. 
Smiling because I can't think of Nelson Mandela without doing so. He was rarely without a smile; cheerful, hopeful, exuberant. 
Smiling at his unique dancing style so often spontaneously demonstrated. 
Smiling at memories of the Rugby World Cup; Mandela and Pienaar embracing, and jumping around the living room with my Dad. 
Smiling at the momentous events over the last 20 years that for so long seemed impossible, especially for special friends from Matezenloop. 

And I'll keep smiling. And keep believing in the impossible. And keeping on picking myself up when I fall. 

RIP Madiba


No comments:

Post a Comment